Looking for a way to get active that is more involved than just working out? Check out the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA's sports and recreation opportunities.
Whether you're interested in an exciting, engaging way to exercise or you like a little friendly competition, there's sure to be a sport for you. Choose from team sports or one-on-one fun. Ongoing leagues and open play opportunities are also both available, depending on what suits you best.
Pickleball is a combination of ping-pong, badminton and tennis. The game is played by two or four people using paddles and a wiffle ball.Equipment: An easy set-up net, paddles and balls are available for check-out at the Welcome Center Desk.
Questions: Contact Deb Grove at 641-752-8658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickleball Update 11/19/20:
- Masks are required upon entering and moving around to different areas of the Y facility.
- Those playing pickleball will not be required to wear a mask, IF they maintain 6-feet distance from other players.
- If you are sitting and waiting to play, and cannot maintain 6-feet distancing, you will need to wear a mask. If in doubt, put a mask on.
- You will need to wear your mask if you are moving around with others, setting up nets, getting equipment, etc.
- Equipment will need to be sprayed and wiped down, before being put away.
- Please spray & clean pickleballs between each game.
Adult Volleyball (click here)
Hinder Club - Racquetball
If you are interested in joining a racquetball league, look no further. The Hinder Club is Marshalltown's own racquetball club held at the Marshalltown Y. The club meets one timer per month for a scheduled event, runs the racquetball league, and hosts the racquetball tournament each spring. Those interested in becoming more involved in meeting other racquetball players while being part of the Hinder Club may contact club president, Ric Anderson at email@example.com for more information.
Contact Angie.Paxson@ymca-ywca.org for more information.