Parent/Child Fitness Orientations (Ages 10-13)
Youth ages 10-13, along with a parent/guardian, may attend parent/child fitness orientations. Both the youth and the parent will be instructed on how to use the exercise equipment and will be set up on Activtrax. Once completed, the youth will be able to use the main fitness equipment and take group fitness classes. A parent must accompany the youth and remain with them at all times. Contact Angie.Paxson@ymca-ywca.org for more information.
FITNESS CENTER GUIDELINES FOR YOUTH
• Youth age 14 and older are allowed on the fitness floor unsupervised and may also participate in fitness classes (must purchase a Class Pass in order to attend group exercise classes.)
• Youth ages 8 - 10 may attend Strong Kids Class.
• Youth ages 10 – 13 along with a parent/guardian may attend Parent/Child Fitness Orientation. Youth will then be able to use the main fitness equipment and take group exercise classes (must purchase a Class Pass in order to attend with parent.)
Parent/guardian must accompany the 10 – 13 year-old in the Fitness Center and remain with them at all times.
INDOOR TRACK GUIDELINES FOR YOUTH
• Youth ages 14 and older may use the track unsupervised.
• Youth ages 8 – 13 may use the track only under direct supervision of a parent/guardian.
Parent/guardian must accompany the 8 – 13 year-old on the Track and remain with them at all times.