GET HEALTHY TOGETHER
The Y offers classes for all levels and all interests. From low-impact exercise and chair classes, stretching and strength training, to indoor cycling, water exercise and yoga, you’ll find a group class that’s fun, supportive and keeps you moving.
- List of Group Exercise Classes - (scroll down to view)
- Fitness On Demand Digital Classes
- MOSSA Move - Digital Classes available for at-home workouts
- Y 360 - Free YouTube channel with classes taught by Y instructors
Health and Wellness Class Guidelines
- All class participants will be REQUIRED to abide by social distancing policies and sanitize all equipment used during classes with provided sanitizing spray and towels.
- A limited supply of laundered yoga mats will be available for each yoga class. Yoga participants are STRONGLY encouraged to bring their own yoga mats.
- Fitness on Demand Upstairs/Studio 2 will remain unavailable unless being used for an instructor-led class. Fitness on Demand Downstairs is available for those wanting to participate in virtual group exercise.
- Class participants are welcome to wear a cloth mask, but not required, when inside the facility.
- Courtesy towel service will not be provided at this time.
- No pre-registration for group exercise; No “Class Pass” needed
- Group exercise classes are free and included with memberships and day passes
- Each class is easily adjusted for individual comfort and ability level
- Youth ages 10-13 along with a parent/guardian may attend following a Parent/Child Fitness Orientation
- The Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA reserves the right to change the schedule or cancel classes due to consistently low attendance
- All instructor-led classes take place in the group exercise area unless otherwise noted
- All Fitness on Demand-virtual group exercise-classes take place in the Fitness on Demand room across from the adult men’s locker room unless otherwise noted
- Please see a staff person for assistance with Fitness on Demand virtual group exercise classes
- Fitness on Demand virtual cycling participants will collectively select and start an offering for the class. Please do not start the chosen offering before the scheduled start time
Group Exercise Schedule
Click here for Group Exercise Schedule Nov 23-Dec 20
(There will be NO in person classes on 11/27 and 11/28. Please visit the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA Group Exercise Facebook group for virtual class offerings on those days.)
An energetic yoga combining jump training, tribal dancing, and dynamic yoga asanas (postures). Buti Yoga is all about finding your own strength and flow in your life.
M 5:30-6:30pm, W 9:15-10:15am, Sa 9-10am
|CARDIO MIX||For those that enjoy variety, choreography and being challenged - this class uses a variety of exercise tools creatively to tone and define muscles of the upper and lower body in addition to a great cardiovascular workout.||M/W
CARDIO PUMP FUSION
|A high energy class that creates a perfect balance of fitness movements fused together for a complete total body workout. You will leave this class feeling lifted and accomplished, eager for more. Join Cardio Pump Fusion on Fridays for 30 minutes of total body workout, 30 minutes of step!||
|Core||Standing functional core training is combined with floor ab exercises to give you a vigorous core strengthening experience.||T
5:30-6pm starts 10/27
|ENHANCE®FITNESS Endorsed by Silver & Fit®||EnhanceFitness is a proven program for senior fitness and arthritis management. Benefits of the program’s low impact classes include increased strength, balance, flexibility, and reduction in arthritis symptoms.||M/W/F 10:15-11:15am|
|GENTLE FLOW YOGA||End your day on a relaxing note! Traditional yoga postures will work together to bring strength, stretch, and relaxation to your evening.||W 5:30-6:15pm|
|GROUP POWER||Group Power (formerly Strength Train Together) will blast all your muscles with a high-rep weight training workout. Using an adjustable barbell, weight plates, and body weight, Group Power combines squats, lunges, presses, and curls with functional integrated exercises.||M/W 5:30-6:30pm, T/Th 9-10am|
|R.I.P.P.E.D.||Resistance. Interval. Power. Plyometrics. Endurance. Diet. You will tone, firm, and create a whole new level of fitness– it’s the “one stop body shock”.||
|ROCK STEADY BOXING||Designed for those with Parkinson’s Disease. As the name suggests, boxing is a portion of the class protocol, with additional emphasis placed on exercises and activities to improve agility, endurance, balance, hand-eye coordination, and strength. Registration and medical clearance required before attending class.||M/W/F 9-10am|
|WARRIOR WORKOUT||Get stronger, get results, and get ready to battle. Each class will throw a new challenge at you using weights, jump ropes, and much more! You won’t want to miss this class!||M/W 5:10-6am|
Enjoy traditional yoga poses to enhance flexibility, range of motion, and muscle tone. You will leave feeling energized and ready for the rest of the day.
GENTLE FLOW YOGA — (Scroll up to see description & schedule)
BUTI YOGA — (Scroll up to see description & schedule)
T/Th 9-9:45am, T 5:30-6:30pm
|FITNESS ON DEMAND||VIRTUAL CLASSES
(Click to view class guidelines)