RESPECT THE Y’S PROPERTY
- Care for all who enter the Y’s doors.
- Provide leadership to help those around you who are unfamiliar with the facility and equipment.
- Be responsible for how you act and what you say.
- Empower yourself to remind others gently, if need be, about appropriate behavior at the Y.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
- Disrespectfulness of others, the facility or equipment.
- Derogatory actions or demeaning remarks about race, creed, gender, or appearance.
- Theft or destruction of Y property.
- Public displays of affection other than holding hands.
- Smoking anywhere on the Y campus is prohibited.
- Use of drugs or alcohol anywhere on the Y campus is prohibited.
- Clothing that portrays graphic violence or language or is offensive. Proper attire must be worn throughout the Y.
- Activity or behavior that could be interpreted by staff as having gang affiliation.
- Other behaviors deemed inappropriate.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices, or objects which may be used as weapons.
- Youth ages 14-17 are required to have their hand stamped to be on the fitness floor and use the whirlpool. Youth ages 14-17 must present their membership card or ID to receive stamp when checking in at the Welcome Center.
- Children must be 8 or older to be in the building without the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age.
- Children 7 and younger must either be under the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years or older.
- Youth ages 12 or older may use the courts without supervision.
- Youth ages 8-11 may use the courts under the direct and constant supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Children 7 and under are not allowed on or in the courts.
FITNESS FLOOR/FITNESS CLASSES
- Youth age 14 and older are allowed on the fitness floor unsupervised and may also participate in fitness classes (must purchase a Class Pass in order to attend group fitness classes).
- Youth ages 10-13 may attend Strong Kids Class.
- Youth ages 10-13 along with a parent/guardian may attend Parent/Child Fitness Orientation. Youth will then be able to use the main fitness equipment and take group fitness classes (must purchase a Class Pass in order to attend group fitness classes with parent). Parent/guardian must accompany the 10-13 year-old and remain with them at all times.
- Youth ages 14 and older may use the track unsupervised.
- Youth ages 8-13 may use the track only under direct supervision of a parent/guardian.
- Children under age 8 must have supervision in the pool area by someone age 14 or older.
- Children under age 6 must have active supervision in the water by someone age 14 or older.
- A one-time swim test is required for all youth under age 18 to determine swim ability.
- All swimmers must wear swim suits in all pools and spa. Clean shorts or shirts may be worn over the suits, no cut-offs.
- All toys or flotation aids must be approved by lifeguard.
- Rough play/horse play not allowed.
- Persons with contagious skin conditions should not enter pool or spa.
- Persons with medical conditions, including pregnancy, should abstain from spa or slide use.
- Must be 48 inches tall to use the water slide.
- No goggles, flotation devices and shorts with rivets allowed down the waterslide.
- In accordance with State of Iowa pool and spa code, patrons should only use spa for 10 minutes at a time.
- Must be 14 or older to use the spa when a lifeguard is present in the Rec Pool area.
- Must be 18 or older to use the spa when no lifeguard is on duty in the Rec Pool area.
- Cameras or recorders of any kind not allowed unless approved by management with the exception of competition events.
Adult Locker Rooms
Only members/guests ages 18 and older may use the women’s and men’s locker rooms.
Men/Boys and Women/Girls Locker Rooms
No age restrictions
Family Locker Room
Parents with children who are 8 or under and people with special needs may use the Family Locker Rooms.
Membership & Admission Policy
Membership at the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA and admission to its facilities and programs is a privilege, not a right.
The Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA reserves the right to deny membership, suspend or revoke the membership of any person whose behavior, whether on or off the Y premises, is judged by the Executive Staff and Board of Directors either to be in conflict with the welfare of the Y patrons or staff, or in violation of the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA mission, as expressed in the mission statements found in the Y’s seasonal brochures, on the Y’s website and in the by-laws.